You’ve seen it debated, refuted, and championed. What’s the deal with the Green New Deal? Plus, flashback to the Original New Deal.
- A planet to win : why we need a green new deal / Kate Aronoff, Alyssa Battistoni, Daniel Aldana Cohen, and Thea Riofrancos (one user)
- The case for the Green New Deal / Ann Pettifor (one user)
- The green new deal and beyond : ending the climate emergency while we still can / Stan Cox (one user)
- Financing the Green New Deal : a plan of action and renewal / Robert C. Hockett (one user)
- Winning the green new deal : why we must, how we can / edited by Varshini Prakash and Guido Girgenti of the Sunrise Movement (one user)
Interested in the New Deal of the 1930s?
- The achievement of American liberalism : the New Deal and its legacies / edited by William H. Chafe. 2003 (unlimited)
- Black culture and the New Deal : the quest for civil rights in the Roosevelt era / Lauren Rebecca Sklaroff. 2009 (unlimited)
- Civilizing capitalism : the National Consumers’ League, women’s activism, and labor standards in the New Deal era / Landon R.Y. Storrs. 2000 (unlimited)
- A commonwealth of hope : the New Deal response to crisis / Alan Lawson. 2006 (unlimited)
- Franklin D. Roosevelt and the third American revolution / Mario R. DiNunzio. 2011 (unlimited)
- Managing the mountains : land use planning, the New Deal, and the creation of a federal landscape in Appalachia / Sara M. Gregg. 2010 (unlimited)
- Modern housing for America : policy struggles in the New Deal era / Gail Radford. 1996 (unlimited)
- The New Deal & modern American conservatism : a defining rivalry / Gordon Lloyd and David Davenport. 2013 (unlimited)
- Passion for the true and just : Felix and Lucy Kramer Cohen and the Indian New Deal / Alice Beck Kehoe. 2014 (unlimited)
- Plowed under: food policy protests and performance in New Deal America / Ann Folino White. 2014 (unlimited)
- The Republican party in the age of Roosevelt : sources of anti-government conservatism in the United States / Elliot A. Rosen. 2014 (unlimited)
- This land, this nation : conservation, rural America, and the New Deal / Sarah T. Phillips. 2007 (unlimited)
And find more on the subject: New Deal, 1933-1939
A couple of other interesting finds:
The color and the movement
Lan, L. and Ye, M. (2017). Greenspeak: A corpus-based comparative study on the word Green and environmentalism. Linguistics & the Human Sciences, 13(3), 221-240.
What happens when the environment is not naturally green? Tirpak, M. (2019). Through the lens of color: an interview with Gareth Doherty, author of Paradoxes of Green: Landscapes of a City-State. Journal of Multidisciplinary International Studies, 16(1/2), 166-172.
For technical assistance in reading eBooks, read our guide Using Ebooks.
Unlimited users: An unlimited number of people can read or download the eBook at one time.
1 User: Only one person can read or download the eBook at a time.
3 User: Up to three people can read or download the eBook at a time.
Multiple copies: A certain number of loans are available each year. After a free browse period of ten minutes, downloading, copying or printing from the ebook is a loan.